When it comes to getting ready to sell your home in northwestern MN, the process of packing or decluttering can be daunting. Below are five tips from Realty Times that can help jump-start your organizing and simplify your next move.
1. Sort piles of belongings into groups: keep, giveaway, maybe, and trash. The “maybe” pile you box up and seal for six to 12 months. If you don’t have a use for your items in the “maybe” box during the year then perhaps you can donate it.
2. Be patient this process of getting organized takes time. Know that when it comes to sorting through personal papers and memorabilia it will take you much longer than reviewing other items.
3. Store your items in clear plastic bins. Using clear boxes helps to let you have a quick view of what’s inside. If you used cardboard boxes or colored bins, then use a pen to clearly label what’s inside and which room it will go in at your new home.
4. Get rid of the paper. A big problem in many homes is the paper trail they have from room to room. It could be magazines, newspapers, documents, advertisements, receipts, you name it. Most homeowners keep a lot of paper which creates a lot of clutter. Go through your files and reduce the paper by shredding or recycling documents you don’t need.
5. Do it now! This is the most valuable tip. If you take care of things right away, you’ll find that life gets simpler. The same goes for your move. So, get organized and simplify your next move!
Whether you are looking to buy or sell a home in northern MN, team at Reed Realty is here to help you. In addition to our Baudette location, we have offices in Warroad/Roseau, Thief River Falls and our newest location in International Falls. Our Realtors® represent a wealth of knowledge in the field and we pride ourselves on customer service.